Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"A friend loves at all times"

What is the definition of a true friend?!  Webster defines a friend as "one attached to another by affection or esteem" and true as "steadfast and loyal".  Putting those together means that a true friend is some you have a relationship with who sticks with you despite differences, happy days and dry times.  
I had the opportunity to test the strength of one of these kind of friendships this week... and I am happy to report that the bands of friendship stood strong!
I am really blessed by God to not only have strong friendships with my family, but with a handful of friends too.  These are the people that you can be real with, the people who hear you when you are discouraged, the people who God places in your life 'for such a time as this'!  As I said, there are many names I could put here, of friends like this, but God gave me the opportunity to stop and appreciate one of them this week.
This is a girl who has experienced a lot of the same growing pains I have and we've had the chance to walk thro' them together, we enjoy many of the same things, have many same goals, and most importantly, we love the same God!  This girl is very talented,  cares for people, isn't afraid to share her mind, and is very thoughtful!  Not to mention very handy with a camera and is stunningly beautiful!  (We've known that for years!!) *grin*   Our memories together range from Bible studies and late-night talks with a police officer to surprise parties and music  sessions.  
Chels, thanks for all this.  Thanks for respecting my relationship with God and supporting me there.  Thanks for all the great times together.  I look back on all our times together with a smile and look forward to our times to come with anticipation.  I can totally see us together with our children running around and us laughing on days past!
Keep looking to our Head.  I know He has great plans for our lives!   
Happy trails!!  

PS.  Sorry for the severe lack of pics together... we need to fix that! *grin*

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey Nicole! Thanks for the sweet post on my blog! I enjoyed reading through your blog and checking out your family's blog too! You guys are so much fun. I appreciated what you said..."Keep looking to our Head. I know He has great plans for our lives." That is a great truth...AMEN!

God bless you,
Melanie

Bethany said...

Awwww....love this post. Friends -- nothin' like them.

Love you, Nicole!!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones