Sunday, March 23, 2008

Ta-ta for a while....

So tomorrow we are headed to Des Moines for something called TeenPact. It's something that is suppose to get kids involved with government, but it helps them view it all with a Biblical perspective. Chris, Tim, Tiff and I are going to be there for the entire week. We'll be at the capitol all day from 9 am to 3 pm, doing whatever you do at a state capitol. Then for the rest of the afternoon we'll be back at the camp, where are staying, playing ultimate frisbee until supper, then supper, a worship time, and games before bed.

Repeat this for four days.

On Friday there is a public speaking class. Oh. I should mention that I am making the 2 hour drive home to work on Thursday morning and then back to Des Moines that night.

And you know what the best part of this saga is?! I am too old to take the class itself and a loop hole was found so I could still tag along.

I'm a chaperone!!

And what the perks of this position are that I wasn't crunched to get all the pre-class homework done. Soooooo, yay for being old! *smile*

Why am I continuing on this boring monologe??? Good question. No really, I just thought I would let you know that I'll be absent from the blogging world for the week. Didn't want anyone worrying that I fell off the side of the earth. I mean, not that you would, but I figured it'd be good to have all our bases covered. Ok. I'll stop. REALLY. Check back soon tho' for lots of pictures!

Adios amigos!!

3 comments:

Tori said...

Have a fun week! We will miss you! :-) Can't wait to see the pictures!

Janene said...

that just sounds like so much fun! I am sure your having a blast!

Bontrager Family Singers said...

Hey Nicole!
Thanks for all your sweet comments on our blog as of late, and so sorry for the lack of my commenting on yours! Recording went great....God was so good and worked amazing miricles in the short time we had!!! can't wait to tell you all about it!! Have a fabulous time at Teen Pact!!!! Tell all the cool iowa people hi and we miss you all!! :)
much love- chels


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones