Friday, August 1, 2008

It Never Get's Easier...

Adam and Jeff's parting was so bittersweet... they seemed to really bond this week even though they weren't buddies.  The last couple days, Jeff always wanted to be with Adam, calling him 'Ge ge' (Big Brother), and grabbing his hand.  When it came time to say goodbye this afternoon, Jeff grabbed Adam on the bus and wouldn't let him go.  He shook gently with sobs that seemed to come from his gut... it brought tears to my own eyes.  Though it was so hard to say good bye, it's so special to watch these kind of bonds form in such a short amount of time.

We love you guys and hope we can see you next year!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey Nicole,

Awesome last few posts and great photos...

I know what you mean about it never getting any easier to say goodbye to the kids...that's been hard this year for all of us I think. I went back with some of the children yesterday to their orphanges and foster families...it was surreal being on the other side of the bus, but I was glad to be there for them...

Anyway, hope all is well...
Miss you,
k

Madawee said...

Hi Nicole, my name is Mallarie. I went to the camps last year for 2 wks. and very bummed that I couldn't make it this yr. but wanted to let u know, that actually, Jeff(in this pic w/ Adam) was my buddy last yr. & got to know Adam then too. I'm so glad Jeff came again & got even closer w/ Adam. I love the pic. Thanks! God bless you all there & I'm praying for you all.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones