Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Summer's End...

Today I had my took my last bike ride that cost me only $.15.




Today I ate my last $.15 fruit popsicle.




Today I went to the Sias Cafe that has sustained me with cheese sticks and cherry cokes all summer and ate them one last time.




Today I slept on my two foam piece bed for the last time.




Today I battled with the broken washing machines for the last time.




Today I climbed the 66 steps to our room for the last time.




Today I said goodbye to my summer camp family and gave them the last hugs.






TOMORROW... I'll walk on american soil for the first time in almost 7 weeks.




TOMORROW... I'll breathe the clean air of home.




TOMORROW... I'll be (almost) HOME!!! (gotta go to a friend's wedding first)
* * * *


I love these people and will miss them so much! Thanks guys for helping this to be one of the best summers of my life. I love you all!

10 comments:

Tori said...

I'm sure you are having mixed feelings! It must be extremely hard to leave, but yet I'm sure you are excited about seeing your family! Pray you have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

Hi

This summer if anyone asked if i read anything good I will say yes "I read a blog, It had adventure love compassion laughter crying and life Try reading and try and beat that for a summer book Thanks for making me think about things differently Safe trip home

Elizabeth Chris's Mom

Anonymous said...

HEY,
It was an awesome experience with all of you guys in the camp.there is a chinese saying'there is no a dinner that will last forever'.we have to say goodbye to each other.But just as i believe that toady's departing is for tomorrow' meet.Hope we can see each other in china next year somewhere. I still remember the happy time in camp.That was fantastic."bring me hope",not only bring hope for the orphans,but also for ourself,who lose our ablility to give love in this materialized world.In a word,it was amazing that i had an wonderful time over there with "my kids".Thank lord.

dennis

Anonymous said...

nic,
i am so excited to see you!!
when does your phone turn back on??
love you,grace
p.s.caseys donuts coming your way very soon!!luv ya:)

Anonymous said...

nic,
i am so excited to see you!!
when does your phone turn back on??
love you,grace
p.s.caseys donuts coming your way very soon!!luv ya:)

Anonymous said...

sorry i double clicked!!grace

Anonymous said...

hey colie,
i'm like the mama bear on the other side of the fence that can't get to her baby cub fast enough!!!
Il. is just on the other side of the fence and i'm wild crazy to see you!! two more days :)

love mama bear

Living Out Loud said...

Well Nicole,
I hope you are serviving with out the 66 steps & 15 cent bargins today;-p I hope you enjoy your working washing machines for the first time in 7-weeks=) I know I just saw you but I miss you TONS!!! Love, Mickey=D

Living Out Loud said...

P.s What are you talking about summers end? It's just beginning, ain't it?=)

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
It was wonderful to meet you (and serve with you)after reading your inspiring blog as I prepared to volunteer for the last week of camp. I trust the Lord will provide you with the new job you mentioned and will give you the clear direction you seek for your life. I will keep you in my prayers.

Rita McNeely - Cincinnati, OH


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones