Thursday, July 3, 2008

Nicole's Update #0

"For thou hast girded me with strength to battle: them that rose up against me to hast thou subdued under me." 2Sam. 22:40

Hey Everybody!

Just wanted to let you know that I am headed of to China in just a fewhours. There's been so much pryer, preparation, and planning for this summer that I can hardly believe it's here. Thank you all so much for the part that you have played in helping me get to China. Whether it's been financial support or prayers, I appreciate it so much!G. keeps providing over and over, above and beyond what I could have asked or thought of. He has worked so many miracles this year that I am constantly in awe of His faithfulness. I also look forward to what G. is going to do in the future. Like another staff member said, this is going to be a G. summer... I am so honored to be called to serve for Chr.!

Somethings you could be praying for would be for the traveling itself. The entire trip - starting when I leave my house til arrival time inNanchang - is 32 hours. Pray that I will be able to sleep while on the plane and that everything would go smoothly. Pray that I would adjust the the 13 hour time difference quickly. Lastly, pray that G. will fill me with a servant's heart. I don't want to have the menality of what can I get out of this trip, but rather what can I give for G. and to others. I want His love to flow from me.

When I arrive in Nanchang, it will be about 10am Saturday morning. I'll be going to a wedding with the other staff, of a Chinese couple that was at camp last year. Then Monday morning I will be back on a plane headed for Langfang (Beijing) where I'll be for the rest of the summer.I'll planning to try updating you all on a weekly basis... so stayed tuned and thanks again for all your support. I couldn't do this without you!

Love you all!
Nicole
*******

No comments:


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones